July 6, 2011

Farmageddon! Almost Live...

I am incredibly proud to share the Farmageddon! Facebook page. A real website would be preferred, but I'd rather not get ahead of myself. A Facebook page is free and is an easy way to get the word out.

Also, as of last night the game is ready for publication on The Game Crafter. I haven't flipped the switch for public purchase yet, but I bought the first copy for myself to make sure everything printed out okay and is ready to go. Hopefully around this time next week I can "open the flood gates."

This whole experience has been incredibly fun and rewarding. I created a game by myself, tested it, iterated upon it, and ultimately, created something fun, fast, and accessible. I hired an incredibly talented artist, Brett Bean, and worked with him to create an absolutely beautiful and charming game. If nothing else, the game looks fantastic.

Soon, I can start annoying friends and visiting board game stores to give out free copies and hopefully drive some interest. It's a long shot, but I'd love to get the game published by Gamewright or somebody else. Or, drive enough interest that I can recoup my art costs and develop a real website to sell Farmageddon! and other games. I'd love to take a crack to turn Space Encounters! and Walk in the Rain into something special and worth buying.

Almost 6 years ago I was able to walk into a Best Buy to see my first game, The Sims 2 Open for Business, on store shelves. That was amazing.

This is even cooler.

No comments: